Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Good junk yard rear??

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 05:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Good junk yard rear??

Just finished my turbo build and of course I'm nearly broke. Car has always been on street tires but I broke down and ordered some drag radials yesterday. Car was extremely sketchy on shitty 315/35/17.

Anyone had any good success out of junk rear ends? I know you gotta pay to play but a s60/12/9 just isn't in the budget at the moment and as soon as this thing hooks good the first time, I would say she is goin to pop.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by JustAFooL
Just finished my turbo build and of course I'm nearly broke. Car has always been on street tires but I broke down and ordered some drag radials yesterday. Car was extremely sketchy on shitty 315/35/17.

Anyone had any good success out of junk rear ends? I know you gotta pay to play but a s60/12/9 just isn't in the budget at the moment and as soon as this thing hooks good the first time, I would say she is goin to pop.
If you can't afford a rear end now we do allow a down payment and pay as you go until you can pay it off for our fabricated nine inches.

Anything out of a junkyard is going to require work and most likely not get you much further ahead of the game than you already are.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May not be a bad idea, I'll look into it

Quick Reply: Good junk yard rear??