Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Super Loud Noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Loud Noise

Well guys, My exhaust is pretty radical sounding all the time and hardly ever does it drown out the noise of my rear end. I just had it rebuilt using factory axles and a low mileage torsen unit with some 3.90 gears, girdle, and bearings (pretty sure he did bearings). Every since I did the 1st pull it has been making noise and its annoyingly loud. I took it to the track after it was making noise (allbeit with bald tires) and that did not help either. The rebuild has maybe 1000 miles on it and I have all tubular rear suspension and poly bushings.

Going back to college this week so not much money for a 9" or 12 bolt replacement. (I was told that the 9" wont work since I have 3-channel ABS) is there anything I can do? Shelled out $1300 for that rebuild.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:43 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what you can do about the noise it might help if you had video. And offer a 3ch mod for the our 9'' rears.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nwilson44
Well guys, My exhaust is pretty radical sounding all the time and hardly ever does it drown out the noise of my rear end. I just had it rebuilt using factory axles and a low mileage torsen unit with some 3.90 gears, girdle, and bearings (pretty sure he did bearings). Every since I did the 1st pull it has been making noise and its annoyingly loud. I took it to the track after it was making noise (allbeit with bald tires) and that did not help either. The rebuild has maybe 1000 miles on it and I have all tubular rear suspension and poly bushings.

Going back to college this week so not much money for a 9" or 12 bolt replacement. (I was told that the 9" wont work since I have 3-channel ABS) is there anything I can do? Shelled out $1300 for that rebuild.
There are a few things You can do, give Me a call and We can discuss them.

Carl
316-299-8427

Quick Reply: Super Loud Noise