Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

moser 12 bolt, low speed squeal and grind noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moser 12 bolt, low speed squeal and grind noise

So I have a moser 12 bolt, auburn posi. I changed the axle bearings, press on type, no c-clips, put it back together the same way it came off with the exception of the axle seals. The local performance parts store where I had to get the bearings from told me the seal is unnecessary because the way the bearing is made with the o-ring on the outer diameter as the seal. Filled the rear with mobil 1 75-90, 2 quarts I know for sure had limited slip modifier the rest im not sure I got it from my job, same weight just no LS modifier. Now during low speed turning and maneuvering there is a squeal type noise, also a slight grind noise. Im thinking the gears but I never touched the backlash or anything like that, just removed the cover and the axles, refilled with fluid. I added about 6-7 ounces of LS modifier and the grinding noise is almost all the way gone, the squeal is still there.

The rear was perfect at first just the axle seals leaking so I had to replace. Now this. Can someone please help me diagnose. PLEASE!!!!

Quick Reply: moser 12 bolt, low speed squeal and grind noise