Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

moser 9" problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moser 9" problems

so I ordered a 9" from texas speed last week and when it came in I noticed the bearings were already pressed on the axles. I hope this isn't a problem but from what I read so far the backing plates were supposed to go on first before the bearings. any chance the backing plates are slotted or did someone mess up? car is a 98 trans am btw
Old 10-17-2015, 11:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was able to finangle my backing plates over the axle flange. However you will have to remove all of the emergency brake system from your backing plate.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

This is the pattern on which it goes, the backing plate is what holds the bearing in place so there is no way you are slipping it over the bearings and not sure how someone got it to go over the axle flange.

If you do not have 4ch skip the first two items which is the reluctor wheel and adapter plate Strange uses.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Op sorry but I miss read your question. What I was speaking about was the emergency brake assembly. Sorry about that.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackoutws6
so I ordered a 9" from texas speed last week and when it came in I noticed the bearings were already pressed on the axles. I hope this isn't a problem but from what I read so far the backing plates were supposed to go on first before the bearings. any chance the backing plates are slotted or did someone mess up? car is a 98 trans am btw
Order some strange rear brakes, problem solved. You put the axles in and then the plate that holds the axle in and also what the caliper attaches to.

Quick Reply: moser 9" problems