Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

S60 | Weld RTS | Install (Pics and Tips)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default S60 | Weld RTS | Install (Pics and Tips)

Finally got this bad boy in, got it painted and installed. Hope these pics help, particularly the torque arm bracket cutting and e-brake bracket cutting.

Out with the old broken 10 bolt

While waiting for the s60 to arrive I painted the rotors, all suspension components, exhaust, wheel wells, and completely cleaned the underside of the car.

After about 4 weeks and 2 sets of backing plates later (damn USPS) the S60 arrived! So beautiful. So damn huge lol.

Old 10 bolt sway bar links vs new links supplied with S60

Used VHT epoxy gloss black epoxy paint, 3 coats

Here is the template you'll need to cut with any UMI/BMR torque arm

Guess I forgot to snap a pic of the e brake bracket, but I needed to cut it to hell to get it to fit with the rear being narrowed 3". The E- brake bracket on the back of the backing plate was so close to the Lca bracket it wouldn't fit, I actually am in the process of deleting it now lol #weightreduction

Here's a pic of the finished product, and my new Weld RTS 15x10 4.5"BS, got these babies mounted but I'm going to need to cut the bumpstops to get them to fit. I'll update the thread when these are on the car.

Tires are new Mickey Thompson ET Street - 295/55/15 -

Ordering matching 18" front black weld RTS this week, can't wait!

Also note that my driveshaft will need to be shortened for the 4l60/S60 combo, so I'll measure the length needed with the suspension loaded and send my Strange 3" chromoly to be shortened.

All in all the rear end fit great and is an extremely nice piece. Can't wait to get these 500 break in miles out of the way and get after it.

Thanks to MWC for the S60 and technical help along the way, very helpful throughout the entire process. Also thanks to Jim's Racing Tires for the wheels, they make the car.

Last edited by Squirts11; 11-22-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks super clean. Well done on the cleanup/ paint work. You'll love being able to thrash on it forsure!
Old 11-22-2015, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know what you got for your driveshaft length please.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Pics below of wheels. I'll drop the rear another 3/4" and switch the front wheels out for 18" RTS also. Btw I ended up NOT needing to cut the bumpstops for these to fit.

Quick Reply: S60 | Weld RTS | Install (Pics and Tips)