Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Truetrac

Old 01-22-2016, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Truetrac

Looking for some quick help. Need to get a posi for my daily driven M6 '99 Camaro. Stock except for lid and exhaust and only plan to do a few HPDEs each year. Given the cars originality I'd like to keep ABS/TC. Is the Truetrac compatible? Tried calling Strano but they are closed today. Need to order this asap.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:47 PM
12 Second Club

With the stock 10 bolt, the general consensus is that either the Eaton carbon clutch pack Posi, or the Truetrac give the most biasing for launching off of the corners.

Some (like Sam) say that the Auburn 'Racer's' limited slip is the best because of their warranty/replacement policy, but the biasing is no better than the two mentioned above.

Also, the high bias ratio (4:1) 'all star' of the past, the Torsen T2R has been out of production for many years now, and the latter year production versions, when they still were available, had some severe case cracking issues.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Do you know if the Truetrac is compatible with abs/traction control?
Old 01-23-2016, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the 98-2002 f-bodies had either 3-channel or 4-channel abs.

4-channel provided the traction control feature, giving you the ASR button on the dash above the radio. 3-channel does not.

traction control is just really all 4-wheel abs, and it has the reluctor ring pressed on to the axle out at the end, with the abs sensor mounted on the brake backing plate.
3-channel has the reluctor ring mounted on either the ring gear or the differential carrier, can't remember which, with the abs sensor mounted on top of the axle housing, making for either ring&pinion changes or just a differential change a problem.

You implied you have 4-channel and traction control... so you can swap out the ring and pinion and the differential with anything, and not affect ABS nor traction control because those reluctor rings are out on the axles which you [I assume] are not touching.

if you have 3-channel abs with no ASR button on the dash, then you need to verify cause i don't remember- if the reluctor is pressed on to the ring gear or on to the differential/carrier because then you need make sure your replacement differential (or ring gear) will accept the reluctor wheel on it.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a trutrac in my 99 and have 4 channel. no problems
Old 01-28-2016, 01:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a 4 channel as well with a trutrac. Works just fine

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Truetrac