Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Anyone have this gear ratio/setup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have this gear ratio/setup?

First I want to say I've ran a search. Haven't found any threads on the tire size I'm running. If so, I completely missed it

This is all brand new to me so forgive me when I sound like a noob. I'll throw anything in here that I think may help.

I'll have a ls setup. Not sure exactly what yet but ls1, ls2, or ls6. Depending on the deal I find. Looking to get around 450rwhp. Daily driver/performance.

4l60e transmission with maybe a mvb
Ford 9" rear
31x16x15 tires

I have a close buddy that I find pretty knowledgeable, his opinion with that big of a tire go 4.11 gear ratio. Might not have much of a first gear but I'll be around 2200 rpm at 70mph. I would like to hear from someone who has this or something close, how they like it.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is your reason for wanting to run such a tall and wide tire? those will be very heavy and slow you down - is this on a lifted truck ??

The tire height debate around here is 26" or 28" and not many have a viable case to go 28"
Old 02-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by murphinator
what is your reason for wanting to run such a tall and wide tire? those will be very heavy and slow you down - is this on a lifted truck ??
I'm building a 46 chevy pickup hotrod. It's the look I am after. How much do you think they will slow me down compared to a 28-29" tire?

Quick Reply: Anyone have this gear ratio/setup?