Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Strange S60 experts? ABS questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Strange S60 experts? ABS questions

So I am looking at buying a wrecked 99 fbody that has a strange S60 in it. The only problem is my car has a 3 channel ABS system with no traction control and the strange has a 4 channel rearend. I was looking at strange's website and it appears the strange rearend has a provision in the center for a 3 channel abs sensor like the one I have. My question is what I need to do to change it over to the 3 channel system? I'm pretty sure I would need to install an abs tone ring onto the spool in the rearend but wanted to see if that's all I need to do and if it can be done? Not sure if strange sells these tone rings or where I would get it? Any advice or should I just buy a 3 channel rearend off jump street? It's worth mentioning I am getting a smoking deal on the rearend and it's only a year old. Thanks
Old 05-06-2016, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

You would need the tone ring, and the hole to mount your center sensor and thats it. Do they even make one that works on a bigger diameter center?? I have no ******* clue.

Quick Reply: Strange S60 experts? ABS questions