Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

My first differential soup

Old 06-22-2016, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

The newest ones are making 450-500whp in ESP and can spin to ~7800rpm. Luckily nobody like Strano/Peters etc are driving them yet though so the 4th gen can still win.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 79_T/A
If you think the price on he giken oil is bad, the smell will give you nightmares. Don't know what they put in it, but you can smell it through the metal bottle it comes in. Gear oil doesn't bother me, but that stuff will test your gag reflexes.
WORSE than the Motorcraft XL-3 limited slip additive?!?!?
Old 06-22-2016, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by landstuhltaylor
I'd like to campaign it for a few years in ESP, hopefully at the very pointy end of the field, while saving for a 9".
Yes, with a Watts Linked 9, you could then use a Wavetrac, or if you want to really go crazy, a Platinum Trac diff, and have ultimate strength AND function.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by landstuhltaylor
The newest ones are making 450-500whp in ESP and can spin to ~7800rpm. Luckily nobody like Strano/Peters etc are driving them yet though so the 4th gen can still win.
Sam is campaigning the C6 exclusively now??
Old 06-22-2016, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
WORSE than the Motorcraft XL-3 limited slip additive?!?!?
Much, much worse. You know those metal cans that ATE brake fluid comes in? It comes in a similar can. An unopened, factory sealed can STINKS. It can clear out a shop when you open the bottle.

Sounds like the OP has a great game plan going forward. When I used to autocross, I got bored with ESP because of the limited mods you can do to the car. Part of my enjoyment of this hobby is building my car the way I want. With our local club, we usually had a decent ESP group, and a smallish CP group. A few of us in ESP that wanted to take our cars a little further made the switch to CP, and really fattened up that class. It was way more fun and competitive than ESP ever was, and I got to build the car to better suit me.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Exclamation

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Sam is campaigning the C6 exclusively now??
Yeah he has been running SSR for the last few years. He bought a set of street tires and sometimes runs AS too and he experimented with his DD GTI in GS, but he has been sticking with SSR and all the competition in that class. Can't remember what the numbers where but somebody counted everything up and I want to say between the drivers there are over 10 championships in SSR with many more trophies.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My first differential soup