Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Just got my 8.8 rear end

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just got my 8.8 rear end

After 12 weeks of waiting i finally got the damn rear end, but Craig sent me a 4 channel ABS instead of 3 Channel ABS. Anyways i just wanted to see if there is anyone intrested in a 4 channel ABS 8.8 rear end before i go through the hassel of changing stuff to make this thing work with my car. The options in this rear end are:
1. 4 Channel ABS.
2. Eaton Posi.
3. 3.73 Gears.
4. 1350 yoke.
5. T/A Gridle.
6. Bolt in Axles.

I paid $2100 for this thing.... If anyone intrested in buying this rear end for $2100+shipping without waiting for 12 weeks to get one and you have a 4 channel ABS then send me a PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Junkie

12 weeks and you didn't get what you ordered? did you talk to craig? i would be PISSED!
Old 09-28-2004, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Turo
12 weeks and you didn't get what you ordered? did you talk to craig? i would be PISSED!

Well craig told me that i got a rear end that fits 3 and 4 channel ABS. He said that the reluctor ring goes on the front yoke of the driveshaft and I use my stock sensor and lengthen the wiring harness to the front of the driveshaft and the sensor reads off the reluctor that goes on the front yoke.
Does that make sense to you guys because it doesnt for me... How the hell im going to connect the sensor to the reluctor ring infront of my DS Also wouldnt that affect the ABS system because the DS will be spinning faster than the reluctor ring in the diff?
Old 09-29-2004, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LSs1Power
Well craig told me that i got a rear end that fits 3 and 4 channel ABS. He said that the reluctor ring goes on the front yoke of the driveshaft and I use my stock sensor and lengthen the wiring harness to the front of the driveshaft and the sensor reads off the reluctor that goes on the front yoke.
Does that make sense to you guys because it doesnt for me... How the hell im going to connect the sensor to the reluctor ring infront of my DS Also wouldnt that affect the ABS system because the DS will be spinning faster than the reluctor ring in the diff?
Thats how all his work...They work well like that as well. A buddy of mine here local to Craig did his like that since he has a 3 channel car and it works great. Not sure what you are skeptical about though. Get to installing it!

Mike
Old 09-29-2004, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Thats how all his work...They work well like that as well. A buddy of mine here local to Craig did his like that since he has a 3 channel car and it works great. Not sure what you are skeptical about though. Get to installing it!

Mike
Can your buddy post pictures of his? I don't know how can i connect the sensor on the ring reluctor when its in front of the Drive Shaft? Believe me I want to install mine as soon as possible, but none of the installers that saw the rear end know how to get that ring infront of the DS and get a signal from there. My friend who is going to help me install the rear end did send craig an E-mail with some questions. I hope craig answer them as soon as possible so we can get going and install this thing.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:21 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

Craig makes a bracket that you bolt the sensor to and then bolt the bracket to the torque arm mount if I remember correctly. It take some trial and error to get it adjusted correctly but it does work well.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Launching!

yea. im in the same boat here. i need to a: get the parts from craig and b: need pix to show me where all this stuff goes. thanks to anyone who helps us out on this.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brandy
Craig makes a bracket that you bolt the sensor to and then bolt the bracket to the torque arm mount if I remember correctly. It take some trial and error to get it adjusted correctly but it does work well.

I didnt get any bracket from craig He just sent the reluctor ring with the rear end. Thats all i got.