Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Why no Moser for 3 channel(ABS Only)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Moz
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why no Moser for 3 channel(ABS Only)?

I was talking to a guy who owns a HOT-ROD shop and said he could probley fab up a 9" rearend for me this winter .So i could use my ABS on a 9" using some of the parts off my 10bolt or him fabbing his own set-up. The guy has done cars that were featured in HOTROD magazine. My question is exactly why does'nt anybody offer a 3 channel set-up for a 9"? If he's able to do it he said he would do it for others.

Moz
Old 10-04-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Junkie

try doing a search, i dont remember the exact answer but it has been asked many many times.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Moz
Launching!

anyone?
Old 10-04-2004, 07:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is no room inside the pumpkin for the abs ring. the only way to do it it to have the pickup be external, where you remove the sensor from the old pumpkin and place it so it picks up off a gear that has been installed on the base of the tranny yoke. the gear you use must be the exact fraction of whatever gear you run in the rear since normally the pickup is off the ring gear and now for all intents and purposes it will be off the pinion.

it is possibly and has been done, its not really that hard, just imo more work than its worth since the front abs still works with the 9" and making the pickup external has many opportunities for failure