Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

LS1 12 bolt in an LT1 car

Old 10-20-2004, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 12 bolt in an LT1 car

Looking at an LS1 12 bolt to put in my 97. Both have 4CH ABS set up. So that is good. Now how about the brakes, how can I use my LT1 brakes? I guess I have to use my LT1 backing plates, is that it? OR will I need to use LT1 axles as well? If I have to change axles then the swap becomes too expensive I am guessing.

If swapping to LS1 rear brakes is the answer, what all do I need to change on the LT1 car to accomodate that swap?

Thanks for any help that is provided.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
Looking at an LS1 12 bolt to put in my 97. Both have 4CH ABS set up. So that is good. Now how about the brakes, how can I use my LT1 brakes? I guess I have to use my LT1 backing plates, is that it? OR will I need to use LT1 axles as well? If I have to change axles then the swap becomes too expensive I am guessing.

If swapping to LS1 rear brakes is the answer, what all do I need to change on the LT1 car to accomodate that swap?

Thanks for any help that is provided.
if im correct the backing plates are the same on both cars only thing you will have to do is take out the axels and swap sides so that the lt1 brakes will mount up on the back side instead of the front like the LS1. as far as ABS there both the same as long as there both 4 chl.

Search this Thread