Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Ford Truck 9in??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Truck 9in??

My buddy offered me a ford 9 inch from a newer truck with a few thousand on it. Can it be converted to work on my 99 SS? What all would have to be done? Is it the same width or do i need custom axles and all kinds of welding? I can spend about $500 fabricating it as I can buy it for $200. What about abs/tcs? I want it to work like stock, other than gears(what are they btw)? Its complete with all the gears axles and yoke. Bottom line is...is it too hard to customize and will it be strong enough? Thanks, Brian kaiser
Old 10-27-2004, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Well it might be a little different for the f-body's, but on my Jimmy I had mine narrowed, new pirches, axles, bearings, studs for $565. Abs I'm just going to take my bulb out and I don't have tcs. You will need a new driveshaft a/b $200. Ford Racing has a disc brake setup based on the 96 explorer I found for $324
Old 10-28-2004, 07:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You would need custom axles, custom fabricated axle ends to use your existing brakes, custom fabrication for the torque arm mount, spring perches, and lca mounts. TCS and ABS would work if you get the correct axle hardware.

If you could do it all yourself, go ahead. If not, you would be better off with a custom unit. check out Moser and Strange's sites.