Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Is my LSD dead?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is my LSD dead?

Lately whenever I make right hand turns and nail it, the car seems to (peg leg) spin the inside rear tire like crazy and barely oversteer.

Now when I make left hand turn and nail it the car oversteers and drives out of the corner properly like both wheels are receiving power.

Or it could be it's still spinning up just the right tire and it just has more pressure on it in lefts so it hooks better. Either way should I try changing the fluid first? Or drop it off at the dealer and hope they cover it under warranty?

Thanks in advance,
Old 10-31-2004, 01:41 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you feel any banging? i thought my diff was going out, turned out to be my tranny mount. doesnt take but 15 minutes to take it off and check to see if its torn. mine used to do all kinda wierd **** while turning right and gassing it but acted fine when turning left.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny you replied as I was just reading a post of yours about turning right and having these issues. You had to remove the mount to see if it was bad?
Old 10-31-2004, 01:48 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if you can look at it and see rips, you'll know its bad. mine diddnt look bad from the outside, but when i took it off, it was only hanging on by a thread. support the trans, take off the big 18mm mount nut, then take off the 4 other bolts holding the crossmember on (15mm). if you take off the passenger side bolts first, you can rest it on the cat