Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Quietest aftermarket gears for Moser 12 bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustin Butts
Anybody have a quiet Moser 12bolt that has had some hard 6 speed launches on it?
My Moser gears were very quiet for a few hundred miles, til I started droppin the clutch at 6k. Now they make all kinds of racket mostly on decel.
I just want to take this opportunity and tell everyone that my moser 12 bolt with 4.10's (motive gears set up by moser) is a total and complete piece of ****. It started whining... no, I'm sorry, SCREAMING at about 300 miles and my first trip to the track. It has less than 1,500 on it now and I have pulled it out of the car and it is being rebuilt. The guy that is rebuilding it commented on how "shittily" the gears were setup, no preload whatsoever. If I were to ever buy another rear from Moser, I would buy it unassembled and let a COMPETENT person set the gears up in it.. please, learn from my mistake that has cost me over $500 to fix.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Moser ROARED from the start. I've switched to Richmonds and good setup by the best shop around. They are much better. After a dozen or so launches there's a little whine on decel.

Quick Reply: Quietest aftermarket gears for Moser 12 bolt?