Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Randy's Ring and Pinion....As good as Genuine GM?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Randy's Ring and Pinion....As good as Genuine GM?

Time for some gears and Randy's has a great price on OEM GM gear sets, but if the Geniune GM is really that much better than I'll spend the extra $$$. They say there gears are actual GM gears, just boxed by them. What's your take on it. Thanks.

John
Old 12-07-2004, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by John02SS
Time for some gears and Randy's has a great price on OEM GM gear sets, but if the Geniune GM is really that much better than I'll spend the extra $$$. They say there gears are actual GM gears, just boxed by them. What's your take on it. Thanks.

John
I use the Gen. Gm gear and the Yukon or USGear brand and all have been fine. If you get the GM gear, ask what cut gear it is when you order. The new style 2-cut gears are set up a little different but either one, new or old style is fine to use.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

I used Yukon in my truck seems to be just as good as any other brand. But it dont get nearly the abuse as my car so I dont know I have motives in my car they whine slightly.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:34 AM
TECH Resident

I had never even heard of Yukon gears or axles before yesterday, but that was the only axle I could find for my car that did not have to be made. I ordered them from Randy's Ring and Pinion.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:49 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by John02SS

John
They are OEM gears that they are reboxing, and they are the same as what GM used to install on the assembly line. Thwy are different than there regular Yukon gear line though, which is aftermarket. Most of the OE stuff you will buy now is going to be the new style cut, and the pattern will be different. It will be smaller, and kind of slanted across the tooth. Main objective would be proper backlash, and get the pattern centered.