Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Where can i buy Factory (GM 3.73 gears)?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where can i buy Factory (GM 3.73 gears)?

Gm 3.73 gears where can I buy them?
Old 12-17-2004, 01:25 AM
TECH Junkie

GM Parts Direct sells "genuine General Motors gears". GM has special specs for their gears. Many manufacturers supply gears to GM, however these mfg. that are selling GM oem "style" gears to other distributors are not putting these gearsets through the same hardening process that GM specifies. That's one of the reasons that "genuine" GM gears are considerably more expensive, and are considered better quality. Any GM dealer or GM parts distributor can get you "Genuine GM gearsets". Expect to pay more, and they can come from a number of different Mfg., but will be shipped in a box w/GM part #'s on it. Most of the time, the ring gear will be stamped "GM", with a GM part # stamped on it also--but not always. AAM is probably GM's largest ring and pinion gearset supplier. Maybe someone else can add more useful info.... WJ
Old 12-17-2004, 10:10 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Almost any larger gear supplier can get AAM manufactured gears for you. Randys, Motive, DTS, etc... all carry AAM manufactured gears.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

do not buy from a dealership unless its a sponsor, they will rape you