Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

very dissapointed with service from Moser Eng.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very dissapointed with service from Moser Eng.

Just wanted to let everybody know of the poor service that I have been getting from Moser engineering. I broke spider gears back in the fall and when I finally pulled the rear apart I found that the splines on my axles where twisted as well as my wheel studs were twisted. Fine enough I have the 33 spline Moser axles so that should be no problem right???? After many calls to Moser to see if it was covered they said that they didn't think so because the splines are only twisted and not broken. They were very reluctant to talk to me and didn't want to give me the time of day. I had the dealer that I bought the rear end call for me and that still didn't help. So, $2600 dollars later I have twisted axles, broken spider gears, twisted wheel studs and a company that could care less! For the price we pay for these units at least the service from Moser should be good. I know nothing is bullet proof but come on, at least help me out by telling me where to get replacement parts and act like you care about my situation when I call.

Again, not saying that all Moser products are like this but with the experience that I've had and with the very poor service that I am experiencing hopefully it may save somebody a headache in the future and not make the same mistake that I did by buying a Moser product. I would never buy another Moser product even if it meant parking the car for good.

Very dissapointed with this issue but I guess thats all I can do I'll have to fix it would with Quality parts and get somebody who knows what they are doing to set it all up.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

This comes as no surprise to me. Actually this is quite typical, from internet boards like this, to my friends who have Mosers and have been through hell with them.

This is the EXACT reason I went with Strange. I don't know how Moser stays in business with this type of customer treatment. When I had my business, the customer was #1, and my story of the front page of the business section proved that it goes far.

Not to brag, but there are waaay too many businesses around that should be left behind.

Doesn't Moser know "what's up?!"
Old 01-10-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1ScrudeDude
This comes as no surprise to me. Actually this is quite typical, from internet boards like this, to my friends who have Mosers and have been through hell with them.

This is the EXACT reason I went with Strange. I don't know how Moser stays in business with this type of customer treatment. When I had my business, the customer was #1, and my story of the front page of the business section proved that it goes far.

Not to brag, but there are waaay too many businesses around that should be left behind.

Doesn't Moser know "what's up?!"
Who would you recommend for custom axles ?
Old 01-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

Ha! Welcome to the the complaint department. They wouldnt talk to me and all they forgot was TWO SHIMS!!!! Then they told me they had no record of an order even being placed.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

They told me the same thing until I gave them my invoive # and the date of purchase. This is just ridiculous! Why should we have to put up with this BS from Moser? I see that I am not the only one with this problem and I think that anyone considering buying from Moser should think twice!
Old 01-11-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So, again I will ask, who should we buy custom axles from ?
Old 01-11-2005, 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ken02ws6
They told me the same thing until I gave them my invoive # and the date of purchase. This is just ridiculous! Why should we have to put up with this BS from Moser? I see that I am not the only one with this problem and I think that anyone considering buying from Moser should think twice!
Nah, think once, go with Strange. As far as custom axles, I would try Strange for that too. This has got to be one of the worst large companies I have ever heard of.

-Tom
Investigator, Consumer Affairs
Old 01-11-2005, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TRex
So, again I will ask, who should we buy custom axles from ?
I would contact Randy's Ring and Pinion too, not sure of their web address. Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful....
Old 01-11-2005, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

TTT

Moser sucks!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 08:07 PM
7 Second Club

Just wanted to let everybody know of the poor service that I have been getting from Moser engineering. I broke spider gears back in the fall and when I finally pulled the rear apart I found that the splines on my axles where twisted as well as my wheel studs were twisted. Fine enough I have the 33 spline Moser axles so that should be no problem right???? After many calls to Moser to see if it was covered they said that they didn't think so because the splines are only twisted and not broken. They were very reluctant to talk to me and didn't want to give me the time of day. I had the dealer that I bought the rear end call for me and that still didn't help. So, $2600 dollars later I have twisted axles, broken spider gears, twisted wheel studs and a company that could care less! For the price we pay for these units at least the service from Moser should be good. I know nothing is bullet proof but come on, at least help me out by telling me where to get replacement parts and act like you care about my situation when I call.

Again, not saying that all Moser products are like this but with the experience that I've had and with the very poor service that I am experiencing hopefully it may save somebody a headache in the future and not make the same mistake that I did by buying a Moser product. I would never buy another Moser product even if it meant parking the car for good.

Very dissapointed with this issue but I guess thats all I can do I'll have to fix it would with Quality parts and get somebody who knows what they are doing to set it all up.
who setup your rearend and who installed it for you?
Old 01-11-2005, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Rear end comes assembled from Moser, except axles, and a very experienced mechanic installed it for me. The unit was very noisy from the get go but I assumed that was the price you pay for a strong rear end. It should not matter who installed it since Moser set it up at the factory?? If I had my time back I would have had it taken apart and checked before it went in the car.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:19 PM
7 Second Club

Rear end comes assembled from Moser, except axles, and a very experienced mechanic installed it for me. The unit was very noisy from the get go but I assumed that was the price you pay for a strong rear end. It should not matter who installed it since Moser set it up at the factory?? If I had my time back I would have had it taken apart and checked before it went in the car.
i think moser's factory workers are drunk or hungover when they put that **** together... every one i know who opened it up and put it back together hasn't had any problems... my friend has a moser 12 bolt with a 468ci being sprayed... never had rearend problems... he's lookin at about 1200 rwhp... i wouldn't say that there product is defective... there workers are defective... just my .02....

Thanks
Tyler
Old 01-11-2005, 08:26 PM
11 Second Club

^ Yup
Old 01-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

I was just upset with the service. Also, I heard something about some rearends coming out crooked?!?! but could be just a rumor. Mine wont stop rubbing.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats strange. I just ordered all the insides for my 12 bolt two weeks ago and last thursday I got all the parts, and they sent a 3 series carrier instead of a 4 like I ordered. Turns out, the 4 series Detroit Truetrac isnt being sold yet. They told me last Friday they would call back monday and tell me how long the wait would be. They did call me back on Monday and said it would be April before I could get the 4 series carrier and that they would swap me even a set of 3 series 4.10's for the 4 series 4.10's they sent me. Today, (Tuesday) I got a call tag to pick up the 4.10's they sent me just like they said they'd do and I expect the other set to be here thursday or friday. They've done nothing but impress me with how they take care of problems and how quick they get the parts shipped out.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:05 AM
7 Second Club

my 12 bolt should be here in about 8 or so days... but i will just make sure to look at how the gears are aligned and make sure after its on to measure everything to make sure its back to the original position and sets the same... but hopefully nothing will be wrong and every thing goes smoothly *crossing my fingers*

Ill make sure to make a post on how every thing goes after the install

Tyler
Old 01-12-2005, 08:14 AM
11 Second Club

I went thru hell trying to get them to fix mine that came with NO preload on the pinion. The damn thing died with less than 1,500 miles on it. I finally ended up buing a R&P, new bearings, solid pinion bushing, and install kit. That and the labor to set it up correctly cost me $800. I will NEVER buy anything from them again.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

I f this many people are having trouble than it must be more than my bad luck/bad experience. Something needs to be done about this but what???????

TTT
Old 01-12-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Has any of you guys who are having problems forwarded links to any of these "moser sucks" post to a customer service rep at Moser ? I know if it was my company I would not want bad news being spread all over the internet.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TRex
Has any of you guys who are having problems forwarded links to any of these "moser sucks" post to a customer service rep at Moser ? I know if it was my company I would not want bad news being spread all over the internet.
If I were an unhappy Moser customer, it would be one of the first things I'd do for 2 reasons:

1) To see if they could solve my problem
2) To see if they actually give a ****

Search this Thread