Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

replace driveshaft and u joint also??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default replace driveshaft and u joint also??

current mods are in my sig. i will be saving up for my 12 bolt and spec stage 3 clutch. id also like to know if i would be smart to replace my driveshaft...or is the stock one ok? also, how bout the universal joint...is that also a weak link i should replace??
Old 03-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wickid Z
current mods are in my sig. i will be saving up for my 12 bolt and spec stage 3 clutch. id also like to know if i would be smart to replace my driveshaft...or is the stock one ok? also, how bout the universal joint...is that also a weak link i should replace??

I am looking at doing the same thing. Probably is a good investment for safety reasons if nothing else. Are you going to be running slicks? If yes, definitely upgrade. I've heard dennysdriveshaft.com is a good place to start. He will prompt you for some dimensions that are a pain in the *** to get. Unless you get a moser 12 bolt then he won't ask many questions.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wickid Z
also, get the 1350 u-joint.....
Old 03-20-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i went with a LPE shaft.