Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 12 Bolt Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moser 12 Bolt Experience

Well, I got my 12bolt (posi) a few days ago and have been spending a few hours a day putting it in. Got it all buttoned up today.
Prior to buying it, I had read a lot about Moser being bad and having probs and such and service and what not, but I went ahead and did it bc its less expensive, got here pretty quick, and I talked to other sources who said Moser was still very reputable. Well, my experience was quite contrary to what I have heard on this board.

Yes, it was a bit of work moving my reluctor rings and backing plates over from the stocker (which is done for you with Strange for $$), but overall, I am very happy with the rear, it makes VERY VERY little noise, way less than I anticipated. Also, I called customer service twice, two seperate days, and I got through in less than 2 mins each time.
They werent 'nice' and they werent 'mean,' but they were straight to the point and told me exactly what I needed to know without any probs.

Even though I havent been to the track with it yet (it only has 15 miles on it), I am very happy with it.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was great,I even bought it from a guy with 8k on it and had been run a few high 12's w/m6.After a few runs at the track it howls on decell.