Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser will never get my money again, but TTP will!

Old 05-11-2005, 04:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moser will never get my money again, but TTP will!

Well I've been having problems recently with my Moser 12 bolt I purchased from TTP back in September of last year, since then I have put about 3,000 miles on it. It's been leaking from the pinion seal and from the rear cover and from the vent tube for a little while now, but recently I went to the track for a few passes, I ran about 6 times with M/T ET street radials and was launching at about 4k hooking awesome, keep in mind that my car has about 360HP/350TQ. Well now my Moser whines REALLLL BADDD!!!! It whined a little before which I knew it was because of Moser's disclaimer's on there site and in the instructions, which the whine before didn't bother me at all, but now, . I mean the noise level has gone from about a 10 to about a 70/80, it's real bad on deceleration, from about 60 to 2 MPH. There is 2 different pitches to whine, one's a high pitched, the other is lower and more solid like something is grinding. So I called Moser yesterday to talk to a tech guy there, and they guy I talked to was a real TOOL, I was telling him about it leaking, and he swore up and down that I either over-filled it (which I didn't because I used the factory fill style plug on the side of the rear), or that my vent tube had a restriction in it (which it doesn't because it spewing out the damn vent tube so it can't be leaking from there! Then I started to telling him about it whining before and the whining after, and the guy kept repeating "sir you have a performance peice", dammit I know I have a performance peice, that's why I bought, but the thing now sounds it's going to explode! Well he really pissed me off, Moser's customer service blows, they will never see me or my money again. So I called up Matt at TTP to tell him the problems I am having, and he agreed that some of the guys a Moser were not the best at customer service, so he wrote down all the problems I am having and he said he is going to call his guy at Moser tomorrow and see if he can help me out some. Matt is an awesome guy, really takes care of his customer's, excellent customer service, Matt will always have my buisness!

There, now I feel better
Old 05-12-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry to hear about the shitty customer service Moser has given you. This is exactly why I will be going with a Strange, even if it does cost a little more. Glad that Matt is taking care of you though. Good luck on getting everything resolved.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm just the other way around. My Moser was and is great, but I'll never let TTP see another red cent of my money.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:56 AM
10 Second Club + 14 Second Truck Club

Moser sucks in my book too. When i ordered my rear i got it with the 1350 yoke, and they supplied me the cross size u-joint to make it work with the stock driveshaft. all was good with it. 6 months into running the rear it started to make noise around turns, i pulled it apart to find carbon fiber clutches in it and 400lb springs that were fried, i was like WTF, i called moser and asked why there was not a 24 disc steel clutch pack and 800lb springs in it which is recommended for high perf applications. they told me that is what it comes with and there was nothing they can do because it is used. $200 later i was fixed up with the right parts from Eaton. then i buy my denney's nitrous driveshaft with 1350 joints, go to bolt it up and the yoke does not accept the joint. back on the phone, sorry sir but that piece is used and there is nothing we can do about it, if you called us before you used it we could have helped you. i say you supplied the yoke and joint how did i know it was wrong. sorry we cant help you. So $120 later i have the right yoke from Denney's.

F***YOU MOSER i will never buy another piece from them again.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got a hold of the moser rep at the northstar nationals he had no where to run and could not hang up the phone on me,the holley guys loved the show.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:00 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moser SUCKS!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 10:34 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

This is the first time I've ever read negative comments about Moser Engineering. They're located about 45 minutes East of my house, and they're highly regarded around this area. My Father and several family and friends have purchased from them directly. In fact, my Father ordered his parts over the phone and then went to pick them up in person. Everyone I know has had great service from them with zero hassles.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience, but it won't change my opinion.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

my moser 9" works well so far, but it whines a bit. i've thought about getting a strange center section in the future to see if it helps out.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:07 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
This is the first time I've ever read negative comments about Moser Engineering. They're located about 45 minutes East of my house, and they're highly regarded around this area. My Father and several family and friends have purchased from them directly. In fact, my Father ordered his parts over the phone and then went to pick them up in person. Everyone I know has had great service from them with zero hassles.

Moser continuously sends out their 12 bolts with gears improperly set up. They sent me a 9" with axles too long. They're response was "cut them down".
Old 05-21-2005, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

A rear end will always make more noise after some hard track launches, especially with that much power. I had great luck with Moser. I had ordered a 4 series True-Trac from them and they sent a 3 series with the 4 series gear. After they did some extra digging around and looking, they sent me a 3 series gear to fit the carrier at no extra charge, even though it cost about $25 more. The way I see it, and dont take any offense, but a lot of you guys want a crapload of power and to run quick, but want the car to still drive like a Cadillac, its not gonna happen.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:12 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WickEdSix98
A rear end will always make more noise after some hard track launches, especially with that much power. I had great luck with Moser. I had ordered a 4 series True-Trac from them and they sent a 3 series with the 4 series gear. After they did some extra digging around and looking, they sent me a 3 series gear to fit the carrier at no extra charge, even though it cost about $25 more. The way I see it, and dont take any offense, but a lot of you guys want a crapload of power and to run quick, but want the car to still drive like a Cadillac, its not gonna happen.
Since when is the 360/350 mentioned by the post starter a "that much power? It's decent power, but a 12 bolt should stand up to much more, and not howl like a coyote being prodded with a hot iron up it's ***.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:04 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Moser continuously sends out their 12 bolts with gears improperly set up. They sent me a 9" with axles too long. They're response was "cut them down".
Everyone I know has bought the individual parts from Moser and set them up themselves.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:26 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Everyone I know has bought the individual parts from Moser and set them up themselves.
Smart people.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

my friend bought a moser it whined like a futhermucker, a real axle shop jerked it apart and found that the the rear itself wasnt true, when they put the tubes in it flexed it a bit and caused the rear to murder the bearings, he had to have the rear squared and all new bearings to shut it the **** up..

good luck

Jeremy
Old 05-22-2005, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sercastiK
my friend bought a moser it whined like a futhermucker, a real axle shop jerked it apart and found that the the rear itself wasnt true, when they put the tubes in it flexed it a bit and caused the rear to murder the bearings, he had to have the rear squared and all new bearings to shut it the **** up..

good luck

Jeremy
looks like I will have to do the same thing with mine....
Old 05-23-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Read on this site a little more. I was thinking about ordering from them, but I don't know anymore.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sercastiK

good luck

Jeremy
There is another thread in on this. Hopefully some info comming soon.

Search this Thread