Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Refresh an old 9" or buy a moser?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Refresh an old 9" or buy a moser?

I just got my build LT1 back in my car and running strong. I haven't been hard on the old 10 bolt yet because I'm still babying the new engine. I know with the added power and the 555Rs the 10 bolt isn't going to hold up too long.
So, I was wondering what I should do when the 10 bolt gives up. What would be the better way to go? Should I just save my money and just get the moser 9"? Or go find an old 9" and recondition it? Does anyone make a kit that has the brackets already made to weld on? And how much would it cost all-in-all for recondition an old 9"?
Sorry for all the question, i'm alittle new to this part of the car. BUt all info well help.
Thanks!
Old 06-02-2005, 04:41 PM
9 Second Club

IMO you will spend as much or more adapting whatever 9" you can get to an F-Body. Between getting the housing narrowed or widened, buying the correct axels & welding the spring perches & torque arm mount it's just not worth it unless you can do the fabrication work yourself. Don't mess around with a posi, get a locker or spool.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Well then that answers my question. I was just wondering what would be the cheapest way. And when i put a 9" in it, it well have 4.11s and a locker, no doubt. But Thanks for all the info.!!