Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

okay what do i do to pull my rearend out

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 11:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default okay what do i do to pull my rearend out

thats all i need to know.. just wanna jack up the backend, and drop the whole 10bolt wheels and tires and all out of it lol, install my gear, and put it all back up in.. actually dad is setting up the gear, since ive never done one, but its my job to pull the rearend out tommorow
Old 06-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

undo torque arm,take out driveshaft,undo shocks,undo swaybar, let springs come with the rearend and it should come down, really not that much to it
Old 06-13-2005, 08:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

do it in this order...
first thing to do is undo the brake lines that come off the frame where thy first go to the rear...there are to lines. unplug the abs or tcs wires if you have them and get them out of the way, unbolt and remove the ebrake cables.
unbolt ta and then ds, sawsall the swaybar bolts(always to rusty), panhard bar, now lower the rear and take the springs out, now unbolt the shocks then the lcas then to out back up do it in reverse.

i have found this to be the easiest way to get rears out and in...i have done quite a few between my 89 and 02 hahaha