Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

10 bolt bearings

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 10 bolt bearings

Just picked up the car from having all the bearings replaced. Took a 2 hour drive and no noise.
Last week the rear was whinning and everyday I drove it the louder it got. I knew the pinion walked some but all the bearings were toast. I'm starting the 12-bolt fund so hopefully this will last till Dec. I'm still glad that I got the extended warranty.(7/75k)
Old 07-07-2005, 11:21 PM
wrencher

Take it back if it's not right, just my $.02
Old 07-10-2005, 03:20 AM
TECH Resident

was thw whining constant? Or come and go? I have a noise that sounds like a semi tire on the interstate that comes and goes. Its not the tires b/c I put new ones on just to see.. same thing, sounds like it comes from between the rear seats. Its not terribly loud either. Windows down will drown it out easily.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RGR Pete
Just picked up the car from having all the bearings replaced. Took a 2 hour drive and no noise.
Last week the rear was whinning and everyday I drove it the louder it got. I knew the pinion walked some but all the bearings were toast. I'm starting the 12-bolt fund so hopefully this will last till Dec. I'm still glad that I got the extended warranty.(7/75k)
So the dealer still fixed it despite you mods?? I need to have the same thing done to my 10 bolt Any idea how much it cost for them to fix it??
Old 07-10-2005, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

The noise got louder every day,(3 days) on the 3rd day I turned the radio up really loud for the drive and then parked it. All the bearing races(spelling) were pitted/wiped out. The bill was just under $900 but I had a $100 deductable on the 7/75. My guess on what happened is that the pinion walked a little and made some metal wash all the bearings.
I'm planning on a 12-bolt and Yes they thankfully honored the warranty.