Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

How much HP with stock 10 bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much HP with stock 10 bolt?

I am getting my car retuned next weekend. I am hopping for 440rwhp N/A. Then I want to tune it with a 100 dry shot. I live 4 hrs away from the dyno shop so I want to get it tuned for the spray so I can use it when I get my new rearend.(next year). Will it be alright to dyno it with spray. There would be no impact on it from shifting and stuff. Also do you think it will break on the street with the spray and street tires 275/40/17's ? O ya I also have stock gears still in it.

Thanks Ryan
Old 07-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Only thing most people can tell ya is run it till it breaks! Try to make sure ya take it easy on the shift and get back into it once the clutch is full disengaged and should hold for awhile powershifting and spinning bad is what will blow it quick and clutch drops will do it to especially with sticky tires!
Old 07-14-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheel hop usually kills the rear. Be sure to listen about rolling into the throttle after shiftin. If you're movin along pretty good and hammer third gear and the rear end locks up on ya, you'll be in for a hell of a ride.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Launching!

I have headers and true duals as power mods. I have some suspension but not full and I am starting to get some howl out of the rearend at highway speeds. I have 315/35R17 BFG DR's. I can tell you that DR's have been the death to my 10 bolt. I did a few clutch dumps to test stickiness and noticed some bearing noise in the rearend at first. I like to run 1st gear to max torque and then powershift and scratch 2nd with DR's and that has been a major hardship on the rearend. I will have to replace the rearend with a 12 bolt eventually but not until the rearend refuses to move or I get $2500 to spare. I would say to save the 10 bolt you need to stay away from sticky tires and any kind of fun powershifts and burnouts.

Dave
Old 07-14-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Also do you think it will break on the street with the spray and street tires 275/40/17's ? O ya I also have stock gears still in it.
You can break the diff with stock power if you're hard on it. Just use discretion and control yourself, if you think you're being tough on the car-- you probably are.