Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

driveshaft help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 02:01 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default driveshaft help!

I'm about to swap trannys in my Nova from a TH350 to a TH400, and in the process will have a new driveshaft made up (will be stock length). I've caught a few names of companies in National Dragster, and have been told by a few race buds that a steel shaft would be the best route.

My questions are (if you've swapped driveshaft from stock):

What driveshaft brand/version you went with (can be LT1, LS1 or otherwise for motor and/or bodystyle),
What you paid for it,
What comments you have about them? Feedback, reasons for choosing, etc.

I've been lucky considering my current driveshaft is the stock powerglide one that's original to the car The car currently makes 372 rwhp off the bottle, and will see a 125 hp shot every now and then, along with about 3-5,000 miles of street driving each year.

Thanks for any help!

Derek
Old 07-21-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.pstds.com

Precision Shaft Technologies over in clearwater. small shop, like 2-3 guys. VERY nice. i got a 3" chromoly with the uber badass ujoints and all the ****. was like 390 shipped. best part i had it in 2 day from ordering. told me if i ever broke it theyd give me a new one.

they built a 3.5" aluminum one for my buddy up here that is fuggen baller-riffec too. they suggested that one to me but i told them i wanted something i would never have to worry about EVER.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Derek

We went with Wenco Driveshafts (do a google search). It is a steel 3.5" at 44" long for our TH400 and KTRE 12-bolt in our Z28 race car. I paid about $200 for it. I have nad no problems with it and it is perfectly balanced. The reason I choose them is because I have heard about them from being at the local races and some big events I attended. They are a reputable shop. Good luck with your decision!