Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

whining from rear when taking turns

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whining from rear when taking turns

My rear end is whining when ever i am turning in neutral. I put the car up in the air and checked my wheel bearings thinking it might have been one of them but everythings alright with the wheel bearings. I just recently replaced my pinoin shaft seal and bearing and i'm thinkin it might be the bearing. Let me know what you guys think before i tear it apart. By the way emptied out the gear oil and it is as clean as a whissle.....no metal or shavings of anykind at all. Thanks guys!
Old 07-23-2005, 01:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oodahss
My rear end is whining when ever i am turning in neutral. I put the car up in the air and checked my wheel bearings thinking it might have been one of them but everythings alright with the wheel bearings. I just recently replaced my pinoin shaft seal and bearing and i'm thinkin it might be the bearing. Let me know what you guys think before i tear it apart. By the way emptied out the gear oil and it is as clean as a whissle.....no metal or shavings of anykind at all. Thanks guys!

I would say either low oil level in axle, or differential bearings are going bad.