Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

clunking sound coming from behind the tranny

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy clunking sound coming from behind the tranny

ok, heres the symptoms:
when in stop and go traffic if i get the car in 2nd and have to push the clutch in, i hear a clunking sound.
when im at a stop and start to go straight or on some turns one of the tires chirp. when taking a turn it kinda feels like the rear end is moving a bit more than it should. i have the following suspension upgrades: lca's, phb, non tranny mounted TA, relocation brackets, stock driveshaft and just installed a new clutch about 2wks ago. any ideas what you guys think it could be.
it kinda seems like when im in the traffic situation and i push the clutch in, it feels like its a front and back type of clunk not rotational, but it happens when i shift. it also causes the car to buck. im pretty sure its not the cam cause ive tuned it out and it was fine, but noticed this after the clutch install.

Last edited by ninobrn99; 08-07-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first thing I'd do is make sure all the nuts and bolts where tight under there. Beings you just had the clutch done I'd start there. Then the suspension stuff (lca's, torque arm, etc.) It's cheap and easy assurance to eliminate them as a problem.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill try to double check all that this weekend. any other suggestions?