Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What point should i really consider saving for a 12 bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 08:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default What point should i really consider saving for a 12 bolt?

Hey guys. Well i have my winter mapped out pretty good, Headers and True duals go on november, the 3800 stall will go in January and LS6 intake right after that to complete my bolt ons. I wont be at the track much but my stop up there once and a while and will jsut run some ET Street radials on my stock rims. Now my question is...... How far in more mods can i go after the bolt ons where i really have to think 12 bolt instead. Id like my 10 bolt to last as long as possible of course..... My plan after the bolt ons its EITHER....

wet kit and spray 75-150 shot
or
TSP MS3 cam
or
FInish suspension (this could be boring as a first mod tho as i wont be atthe track much, mainly street killer)

Eventually iwill get all 3 done but which order do you think i could go and where in should i really think 12 bolt? Like i said i wont be at the track much so that should help the 10 bolt. Think i can be save on cam only or jsut full bolt ons with like a 100 shot? Let me know which route you think i should start off with and how far down i should really need the 12?

I am correct i nthinking 12 bolt or A4 correct? 9"s are for M6's correct?

Also how far down the line do you think my trans will last (i know wrong forum but i figure maybe someone could quickly chime in) Also should i jsut save for the dr evil stage 3 or build my 4L60-e up?

gracias, sorry for the book but i need some help and info here so if you wouldnt mind educating me, that would be awesome.

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 08-27-2005, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can go 12 bolt or 9", but people say 12 bolts are for autos because the 9" is better/stronger. A 12 bolt would be a fine choice for an A4.

You shouldn't need a 12 bolt for awhile. Right now I'm cam only (MS3) and plan to get some suspension work done and spray before a 12 bolt. If something should go wrong with the 10 bolt before than I will just have to waste a little money replacing the 10 bolt at that time, but I don't think it'll be a problem.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Gracias Nathan. You da man

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 08-28-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a cam only car and smoked the 10-Bolt. Bought a 12-bolt and much better