Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Backing plate pictures needed Please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 07:34 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Backing plate pictures needed Please!

I bought a set of backing plates for $90 shipped from StevieZ (Steve Segal). What I recieved was a pair of dust sheilds. I am looking for someone to post some pics of there backing plates please. I have tried to reason with him by asking him where am I going to bolt my caliper to this and he said that everything I need to install a 12 was here. I have assyembled multiple LS1, LT1, and even L98's. I know he doughts my knowledge so he needs to hear it from a few other members about what a backing plate is etc... And a picture would say a 1000 words. I was at the dealer on Friday and what he sent me lists for $35.xx and my cost was $24.xx each or roughly $50 for what he is charging me $90. He claims they are $220 each. My cost on a set of backing plate assyemblies was $125.xx each. Witch has the dust cover with it! Please help me solve this dispute. This transaction hasn't gone that great some lack of comunication has hurt our transaction greatly and I think some out side veiws would help Thanks. Sorry so long.
Jeff
Old 08-30-2005, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PayPal refund sent.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:01 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

What Steve sent me as backing plates.

Thanks for the refund Steve! But I wanted to post up the simple diagram for you to understand that I do know what I am talking about maybe not an expert. This is Crager's car with a Moser 12. I am finally glad this is over thanks! Hope you and your newest familly member are doing well.

Last edited by Inspector12; 08-31-2005 at 05:58 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axles/276222-what-i-send-strange.html

Here's a picture of the backing plates I had bought. These didn't come with the dust shields though. Are you looking for 3 channel backing plates? I'm selling the ones in the link for a very low price. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:09 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StevieZ
...Sellers beware with this guy.
What?!.... I know Jeff, he is a real cool stand up guy. He will bend over backwards for people.

Now I reset both of you guys trader rating from this deal, since you guys seem to have resolved it.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:54 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Fine I admit that I was the ignorant one here but that is no excuse for giving me negative feedback and having PayPal freeze my account before recieving the parts and before you even spoke to me. That was 4 days after you said you were still not in a terrible rush to have the parts. You're like the one single guy out of over 300 transactions on Ebay who left me negative feedback after saying everything was OK.To Top it off, not only did I refund you but I ate the $24 shipping charge and you still left a neutral feedback. Sellers beware with this guy.
Steve,
Look I retracted my complaint to Paypal before you ever even took the parts off the car. And I will admit to saying take your time at first I hate to have presure on me to send stuff out and didn't want the same on you. I did how ever ask you to keep me informed. You did not. I then told you I was getting ready to really need them. No response etc... So what little power we have as internet buyers I used. Paypal froze your account not me that is what happens until they hear from you and if what I was saying was untrue then we wouldn't be here! I had paid for the parts and hadn't recieved them if this is untrue let me know now! you had one transaction on you trader rating so I did leave negative feed back It isn't much but it was all the power I had when you don't let people know what is going on. And I do feel for you about having medical issues with your wife's pregnacy but when it comes down to it it's not my problem, especially if you don't let me know what is going on! The neutral feed back? What did you want me to say that it was a great one? I said you were honest. That is all I could say good about it I couldn't say that you knew how these rearends go together. Again thanks for making it right. Oh and if you want to keep this trader rating thing up just let me know! What I posted originally in yours was the truth you posted an excuse in mine LOL! And $24 for shipping those Frizbies weighed like less than a pound the box was heaver than those things.
Jeff

Last edited by Inspector12; 08-31-2005 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:29 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Yah we can see how much "you feel for me" I told you I was sleeping at the hospitalwith my wife hoping for our premature baby with sensors stuck all over her and IV needles stuck in her
Really that is great cause you told me when? Oh after it happened. There's that good comunication. Did I force you to sell your things? Your first respose to me purchasing the backing plates is that you would get them out in a day or two. That really happened! And I suppose your going to blame me for what you said and didn't do also! Man we all have problems and work with it you just took a nice guy that was not trying to make you feel like you needed to drop everything in your life to get him his plates that he had already paid you for, and now you are trying to make me feel bad for wanting the parts I already paid for! Your right I don't have a lot of sympathy for you any more! And I want to thank you for being done with me I am tired of nothing happening! And if you want to go to a movie about a desciption for me I'll return the favor and say that you are kinda like the back yard when the septic system over flowed. Didn't look to bad until you stepped in it and found out how shitty it really was!