Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

replacing rear end

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help

i just bought the trans am i have been looking for, and orange 2001(auto tranny) with 35000 miles, i am not sure what the owner did to it before i got it but it run 13.54 at 104.98, any way i was just getting in to do some mods and...well lets just say i meet a curb. I had it only 2.5 months and all i did to it was put some sport lines in it, now the body shop is telling me everything is ok, but the rear end...bent.. a well know shop happens to have one(stock housing) with 4.11 (mine 3.23) with billit adds, said the old owner went to a 9 inch any way i am have him install the rear end and custom tune it, plus install some sub fram conn. what do you think it will run, and what should i do next? (i am only looking to build a 400rwhp car all motor)
Old 09-07-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you talking about the rear housing being bent or 1 of the axles? More than likely an axle, call the shop and ask if it's the axle or rear end housing. If it's an axle look in the 4 sale forum, axles are cheap. With the price of gas now I'd stay with the 3:23 gears and maybe look at an aftermarket stall converter.