Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Issues with rear axle swap need some info...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Issues with rear axle swap need some info...

alright guys I have a '00 v6 had an open diff I put in a slp takeoff while back.

recently just picked up a 3.42 rear out of a '02 ls1 ws6

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

1st question I have... I have a hole and a sensor on the top of my diff, but its not on the top of the new diff what is it for?

2nd the axles have "gears" on them while mt v6 doesn't My e-brake works on a drum setup and my brakes work on a dsc setup.

3rd new diff is the type with the yellow springs my takeoff one on my car is a gear looking one with the block. Going by memory it doesn't look like I have a abs reluctor ring either...
Old 10-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Launching!

this is what it should look like right?

Old 10-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Launching!

Alright dug up some info...

it has a dual rear abs sensor setup. apparently I have to convert form single rear abs to dual. any tips on how to do this?

thanks.

btw overall which do you think I should stick with a zexel torsion diff or a Auburn? I might stick with the auburn and see how it does compared to the zexel torsion.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "gears" on the ends of the axels are reluctor rings & are used with 4 channel ABS/traction control. You will need the wiring from the sensors at each rear wheel all the way up front to the ABS computer. The VCM will need to be reprogrammed & I'm not sure it will work even then since you are missing the ASR computer & the extra throttle cables & actuator motor that goes with it. The differential photo you posted is a 3 channel with the reluctor ring on the carrier.