Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9" pinion support

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9" pinion support

While I've got the rear apart to paint the housing, I figured now would be a good time to replace the stock pinion support with a stronger unit. The car is a weekend cruiser that will see some limited occassional track time. The rear is a Moser housing, Ford "N" Nodular center, Richmond 3:70 gears, spool, 31 spline axles. According to Strange, they have aluminum supports that they say are for drag use only, I'm assuming they don't have the extra oiling features on those for street cars.
Strange pinion supports
Strange pinion supports
It looks like their N1917 Black forged aluminum support would be the best bet over the iron support. Anyone have any other recommendations I might want to look at?
Also when I buy the support would I just need to buy the installation kit too and I'll be all set?
Anyone have any good links to instructions for replacing it?

Thanks,
- Joel
Old 05-08-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you change the support you'll have to completly re set up the gear I stick with a Iron Daytona style support and shy away fron alum.. keep all materials the same..