Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rear end swap?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear end swap?

hey guys I have a quick question. I have a 01 Z28 w/traction control and was wondering if I could swap the rearend out of a 95 Z w/out traction control?

Could I just leave the traction control unhooked and then have it removed with a tune? or any other ideas?

Thanks.
Aaron
Old 06-05-2006, 07:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ABS is not going to work either in that situation. It's not like there is a plug for ABS and a plug for traction control, it's all in the same harness. You can't remove the dash lights with a tune because that is not controlled in the PCM. So if you are okay without having ABS or traction control, you could just pull the bulbs out of the gauge cluster so they won't light up. Just be advised you won't know whether you have faults in your ABS system or not if the dash lights not working...
Old 06-05-2006, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info.

Another quick question, Could I just pull the guts out of the rearend that I was going to replace my stock rear with? If so, would it matter that one is a 3 series while the other is a 2 series?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

I have a 98 Trans Am with TCS and just installed a 3 channel rear end from my dad's 02 SS. Works fine, all I had to do was take the axels from my 4 channel and put them on the new rear end. Also you'll have to cover up the hole on top of the pumkin on the 3 channel.