Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Shifting Smoother???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifting Smoother???

When I bought the car, the guy had a pro 5.0 in, i hated it. Very notchy and loud. Now I have the stock hurst in it, and it's ok. I was wondering if there are any smooth shifting ones, like, no effort to move it from one gear to the next, nice a quite. I was thinking the hurst plus but I am not sure...any suggestions on how to make shifting easier and smoother??
Old 07-12-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Regular

I've got a stock hurst with a lou's short stick and it is really rough too. One of the big differences from the stock shifters and the aftermarket ones, is the little bushing that is on the stick of the stock shifters. It helps to smooth out the shifts and the vibrations. The only good suggestion I can give you is to get an adjustable one and just play with it until you like it because all of the aftermarket ones will feel "notchy".
Old 07-12-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how do you adjust them?
Old 07-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Launching!

I have the Hurst billet plus w/ chrome stick. It has a more positive feel, is not notchy, and looks cool. The throw is shorter than stock (Hurst or otherwise). I had the factory Hurst originally.