Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

10 bolt question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 10 bolt question

ok so heres the deal. i busted my torsion differential last week at the track...i know these rears are weak and i need a 9 inch. i just have to patch up this rearend for the upcoming weekend cause i am running in PINKS all out. so heres my question. My car is a 4 channel car (abs/TCS) can i take a torsen out of a 3 channel rearend car and it work in my car? my ring and pinion are fine along with the axles so thats no worry. reason i ask is i have a 3 channel laying here for free. thanks.

Zach
Old 04-02-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Regular

anyone know?? all i want to do is be able to bolt it in and run it. i dont care if the tcs actually works. so will this work for me??
Old 04-02-2007, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you can do that. There will be a reluctor ring on the carrier but you can just leave it on. As long as you reuse your 4 channel axles your tcs will still work also.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by keliente
Yes you can do that. There will be a reluctor ring on the carrier but you can just leave it on. As long as you reuse your 4 channel axles your tcs will still work also.
thanks kelly. got a guy lined up to help me set it up on thursday so it looks like ill make it to rockingham and be able to run. one pass at least lol. see you out there and thanks again.