Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9" axle bearings??? HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moser 9" axle bearings??? HELP.

OK, Let's say you need to replace an axle bearing... How the hell do you go about getting the bearing off? Any tricks or help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

take the axle to a machine shop or a buddy with a press and have it pressed off. if you have a friend with a press make sure you only press the new one by the press ring and NOT by any part of the bearing.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

See, my buddy does have a press. We can't find a way to get behind the bearing to press it off. I'm about to go see if I can find some angle iron strong enough to support it but the backing plate is getting in the way of using the big thick plates that comes with the press. Any hints on this? Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

You'll need to use a bearing separator if the press plates won't fit. I would think your buddy should know this if he has his own press???

Originally Posted by WS6 GreeN
See, my buddy does have a press. We can't find a way to get behind the bearing to press it off. I'm about to go see if I can find some angle iron strong enough to support it but the backing plate is getting in the way of using the big thick plates that comes with the press. Any hints on this? Thanks for the reply.