Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Good 7.5" master rebuild kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good 7.5" master rebuild kit?

Hey all,

Search is down unfortunately but for the time being:

Where can I find a good rebuild kit for the stock rear? I need carrier bearings, races, shims, and pinion bearings, races, shims, crush sleeve etc etc I've seen a lot of them on ebay but they look like Chinese parts? Looking for some feedback on where to get a good kit. Thanks!!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=3&pcid=67

If you go to the bottom of that page, you can find a Ratech gear install kit, kinda has the same pieces that you're looking for.

Thunder Racing is a great company, very helpful people, I bought 75% of my mods from them.

Manny
Old 04-17-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just used a richmond install kit and it was very nice. Everything was sealed and it had timkin bearings. I was pleased with the quality and would get another richmond set in the future. Ratech also makes a good package so between those two you can't go wrong.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:38 AM
TECH Regular

ok great. I used a timken bearing kit when I rebuilt my 4T60e (Olds) and the quality seemed great.

My friend pointed me to Thunder racing too. The price is a slight bit higher than others but as long as the quality is there, I don't mind.