Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

1300mile m-6 rebuilt already??not my fault!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1300mile m-6 rebuilt already??not my fault!

long story somewhat short. brought my new car with 700 miles to orig. dealer to fix 3rd gear pop out and difficult to get out of 4th and into 1st.they promised me to keep car inside. well came back that night to talk to a tech friend from high school to find my car not only in back outside but with a cracked fron drivers' 1/4 and nose.talk about f---ing pissed off. Police almost got involved in pulling me off the service manager and director. any ways needles to say the a-holes never fixed the orig problem so , wound up talking to my speed shop and they reffed me to another more respectable dealer because it's a warranty issue. they found it right away. they had to replace (rebuild the whole damn trans and replace bent shift fork). I dont't beat on the car it's my baby. I did get on it alittle from a roll a couple of times. they aplogized for the other dealer up and down.
my question is. Why does it seem to be slower and not as easy to bark 2nd gear. I put on about 150 easy miles since rebuild but it doesn't feel fast anymore. What could it be? Break in? computer re-
adjustment? what gives any suggestions would be greatly accepted!
Old 10-01-2002, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Default Re: 1300mile m-6 rebuilt already??not my fault!

oh yeah one more thing it still doesn't want to go into 1st from a stop sometimes not all the time only sometimes. you either have to push it in very hard or rev motor a tad and then it will usually go in. can this be a prob.? can i bend new shift fork by pushing hard?

THANKS
Old 10-01-2002, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Look at this thread. I had the same symptoms.

Click Here
Old 10-03-2002, 12:27 AM
Launching!

As far as the car not wanting to go into first when you come to a stop, that's not really a problem. In fact, the solution is in the owner's manual. It says if the car will not go into first when coming to a stop, take the car completely out of gear, press in the clutch, release the clutch, and then press in the clutch again & put the car into first. It works every time, trust me.

Not defending Chevrolet here, it is obviously a glitch, but it's not a glitch that you'll be able to "fix" since the cars come from the factory doing exactly what you described, and since Chevy obviously gave up on trying to solve the problem and instead just put a "work-around" into the owners' manual.

Hope this helps.