Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Whining since new T56 and gear change??

Old 04-22-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whining since new T56 and gear change??

My cars rear is whining and when I let off of the gas it stops. When I recieved the car from the install it had no whine. I drove the car over 300 miles from Dallas to Louisiana and no whine. When i installed my MT drag radials and did a few roll outs from 10-20mph I noticed my rear started whining. When I let out of the gas the rear stop whining. If I am going down the highway and put the car in nuetral it also stops whining.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

having the same problem and also need help on this!
Old 04-22-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Regular

I know someone knows what is going on?
Old 04-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Launching!

If you have a 12 bolt, then that's your problem. Here's a quote from the Exotic Performance Plus website that I think explain it well:

"Put a 12 bolt into a early Chevelle, Nova, Camaro, etc and you can beat the crap out of it, and not hurt anything. Put one into one of our cars with a torque arm, make a couple 4000 to 5000 dragstrip launches, and I can just about guarantee you'll pick up gear noise. If it is a drag only car, you'll never know or care about the gear noise. Drive your car home from the track, and the noise will drive you nuts. I feel the torque arm stresses the 12 bolt housing, causing distortion. We have never seen this happen with the 9 inch housing."
Old 04-23-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Shock Hawk
If you have a 12 bolt, then that's your problem. Here's a quote from the Exotic Performance Plus website that I think explain it well:

"Put a 12 bolt into a early Chevelle, Nova, Camaro, etc and you can beat the crap out of it, and not hurt anything. Put one into one of our cars with a torque arm, make a couple 4000 to 5000 dragstrip launches, and I can just about guarantee you'll pick up gear noise. If it is a drag only car, you'll never know or care about the gear noise. Drive your car home from the track, and the noise will drive you nuts. I feel the torque arm stresses the 12 bolt housing, causing distortion. We have never seen this happen with the 9 inch housing."
I have the factory 10 bolt

Search this Thread