Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

My experience with Moser and EPP

Old 06-13-2007, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My experience with Moser and EPP

well, i ordered myself a Moser 9in through Bob. Alum center section, 4.11s, Tru Trac, drain/fill the whole nine. I get the rear nice and quick, according to schedule. It goes in without a hitch. Everything is going great.

I hit the track for the first time with the new setup, and when i get it back on street tires, and IT WHINED LIKED A MFER. To the point that it hurt my ears coasting at 40mph.

Begrudgingly, I pull it out. I check the pattern, and it was HORRIBLE. I call Moser and they tell me in so many words that i can shove it up mine. They didnt seem to care at all. Blamed it on the track use, and told me that metal shavings in the gear oil are normal. ok, whatever..

So i take the rear to a Moser dealer, and have the reset it for me correctly. They charge me 80 bucks. I called Bob and let him know what was going on. He told me that he get ahold of moser and see what he could work out. A few days pass, and Bob calls me back. He tells me that Moser wont help, but that he feels bad for me... And that he was going to send me a check out off his pocket for the cost of the re setting of the gears! I got the check yesterday.

Basically, just wanted to say, that Moser customer service sucks, and Bob is the man. I would definitely trust buying from him anytime
Old 06-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats awesome, i just bombed my 10bolt and if i ever get the loot to buy a 9inch ill be giving Bob a call
Old 06-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

It's nice to hear Bob stood by you. I can't believe Moser is that shitty with their customer service. I keep hearing how bad it is. I hope if I go with Strange I'll have better luck. Glad to hear you got it running again. Keep us posted.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:48 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
well, i ordered myself a Moser 9in through Bob. Alum center section, 4.11s, Tru Trac, drain/fill the whole nine. I get the rear nice and quick, according to schedule. It goes in without a hitch. Everything is going great.

I hit the track for the first time with the new setup, and when i get it back on street tires, and IT WHINED LIKED A MFER. To the point that it hurt my ears coasting at 40mph.

Begrudgingly, I pull it out. I check the pattern, and it was HORRIBLE. I call Moser and they tell me in so many words that i can shove it up mine. They didnt seem to care at all. Blamed it on the track use, and told me that metal shavings in the gear oil are normal. ok, whatever..

So i take the rear to a Moser dealer, and have the reset it for me correctly. They charge me 80 bucks. I called Bob and let him know what was going on. He told me that he get ahold of moser and see what he could work out. A few days pass, and Bob calls me back. He tells me that Moser wont help, but that he feels bad for me... And that he was going to send me a check out off his pocket for the cost of the re setting of the gears! I got the check yesterday.

Basically, just wanted to say, that Moser customer service sucks, and Bob is the man. I would definitely trust buying from him anytime

Thanks for the thumbs up, I appreciate it.
A rear is a part that is subject to a lot of abuse, and Moser's people have probably heard so many bullshit stories over the years, that when there is a legit claim, they sometimes don't take it seriously. As a rule, I have very few problems with Moser 9 inch rears, and I sell a ton of them! A lot of people buy a rear after they have torn up their stock one, and need it fast. The nice thing about buying a Moser rear is that it is shipped two days after the order is received, not three to four weeks like some of the other companies. Bob
Old 06-14-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6

Another satisfied customer of Moser . That's realy cool that Bob stood by the product and sent you a check. He's seems like a great guy to buy from. I just wished he sold Strange!
Old 06-14-2007, 06:16 PM
10 Second Club

I also have to give bob a , I ordered a 9" with a aluminum center through bob and received a iron center instead (mosers fault). I called bob and told him what was going on, he told me to ship it back to moser so I can get my aluminum center and he would pay for shipping. If you want excellent customer service go to bob.

Search this Thread