Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9", what all is needed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moser 9", what all is needed?

Ok, since search is down for me, I figure I will start this thread anew.

its for a 99 m6, will be putting in heads sometime later, but final goal wont be over 500 hp, and its a DD and very rarely will see track, but will be driven spiritedly

Going for a fully assembled package. Tru trak posi, aluminum case, 1350 yoke, 4.11 gears hopefully motive gears.

Is tru trak posi better or worse than the auburn?

I have the ABS and TCS, so would need the 4 channel abs.

Should I keep the oe length wheel studs?

I will also probably be maintaining the stock brakes, but I dont know if I may upgrade to slotted n drilled rotors later on with ceramic pads.

I see some offer sway bar kits and conversion u joint kits.. what are pors n cons of having or not ordering them?

I dont see c clips beng offered, but I thought I heard Ill need some, but no idea what type etc hehe.

I havent nrrowed it down which sponsor I will be purchasing it from yet, before I get that far into it, id rather kinda go in there knowing some of the better parts I want to make sure get included on it.

I do plan on running a cross member adj. TA with the driveshaft loop, which after the EPP post talking abut how afte ra few hard launches 12 bolts tended to get a bit noisy. I am wanting to go with the 9" mainly to keep it a bit quieter and more durable.

Any thoughts or feedback will be much appreciated. I know this has been covered on here in some post or another, but search is down for me still and I will probably be ordering this early next week.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got all my stuff from Scott at Driveline Solutions. I was very happy with everything. Tru-Trac is way better than an Auburn in my opinion. The Auburn is just clutches where as the Tru-Trac has helical gears. I bought the Moser axle and hosing package, then all you need is a center.

9" doesnt have c-clips...
The downfall to a 9" is you cant retain the ABS and TCS.......
I didnt buy sway bar kit, I just bought some exhaust clamps and made it work.....
You can bolt your stock brakes right up also.....
Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have a 4 channel rear you CAN keep your ABS and TCS. But if only ABS its a BIG hassel to make it work from what I hear.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:23 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ABS (3 channel) is not offered with the 9 inch. ABS/TCS (4 channel) is offered.

Is tru trak posi better or worse than the auburn?
The Truetrac is much better than the Auburn. No clutches to wear out.

Should I keep the oe length wheel studs?
In your case, I would say yes. Your stock lug nuts will work.

I will also probably be maintaining the stock brakes, but I dont know if I may upgrade to slotted n drilled rotors later on with ceramic pads.
The Moser rear is designed to retain all the stock items.

I see some offer sway bar kits and conversion u joint kits.. what are pors n cons of having or not ordering them?
You can save some money by just using two 3.00" exhaust clamps. You use the U part of the clamp, slip it over the axle housing and reuse your stock sway bar bottom bracket, after oblonging the holes out slightly.
The Napa pn# 240 -0447 U Joint will connect your stock driveshaft to the larger 1350 yoke that is supplied on the rearend.

I dont see c clips beng offered, but I thought I heard Ill need some, but no idea what type etc hehe.
OEM style C Clips break and allow the wheel/tire/axle to exit the rear-end. Most racing classes don't allow c clips. Moser does not use c clips much better to secure the axles at the ends where Moser keeps them in place.

Check out the info I have here.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=145
Bob