Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

help/can't launch

Old 05-09-2003, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help/can't launch

I've started racing at a local track..1/8 mi.We all have to start somewhere.I can race there without a roll bar,we can have one passenger as well.I need your expert advise.

I have an 02 T/A vert.A4, w/2.73s.My best was 8.1 on street tires.I did damn good for my first time at the track,they all thought my car was highly modded.

I was getting pulled by a half of car length on every race,I could not get it to launch,i was playing catch-up all night long.I still one 7 out of 11 races.

I've already ordered the BFGs DR,that's a no brainer.

I can get gears installed for $500.A stall would cost much more ,i believe.I'm on a budget like most everyone else.

What is the most logical and economical way to solve my problem.I have lid,LM.kbdd,sportlines.

What would you do?

Old 05-09-2003, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: help/can't launch

Practice! LOL The best way to improve is just to keep practicing. Try different things i.e. mashing it, rolling into it, etc. The tires will help, gears will help, a stall would really help (I know you said you are on a buget). Weight reduction (lose the passenger, take out spare and jack, lose the backseat). Keep up the good work
Old 05-09-2003, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: help/can't launch

Yeah bro, keep practicing you want to shoot for 1.6 60ft times.

Search this Thread