Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

from 4 to 3 channel ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default from 4 to 3 channel ?

it wasnt in the sticky i read it thx

i have a 4 ch ( a4 car w/ 3.23 )
i found a 3 ch w/ richmond 3.73's n moser axels cheap so obvioulsy i bought it, since i have the moser 3 ch axels i obviously want to use them so i cant switch them w. the stockers for the option of retaining my traction control.

since i have the 4 ch i have 4 sensors, the 3 ch just used the one sensor i understand that. if i just wanted to eliminate my traction control since it always goes off anyways what do i need to do?

just plug the hole or put 1 of the sensors in it?
will this throw my pcm for a loop?
basically plz tell me what i need to do so ill be worry free and an easy installation.

thx guys n gals
Old 07-08-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TCS/ABS actually has its own controller, it doesn't go through the PCM.

I am not really sure that you can delete traction control and keep ABS, I think you might have to get rid of it all the way, or get a little drastic and replace the ABS module with a 3 channel one, and also the wiring harness.

If you want to get rid of all of it, send a PM to SJM Manufacturing, they offer an ABS delete kit and can further advise you on that.

Otherwise if you try and leave one of the sensors out or disconnected, the ABS/trac control light will be on your dash all of the time.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

STICKY: https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axles/617761-converting-4-channel-3-w-pics.html
Old 07-09-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Resident

THX keliente
that along the lines i was looking for. i guess im going to either part this rear out or sell it. no asr is fine but id like to keep the abs since its a street driver.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 3rdgentug
THX keliente
that along the lines i was looking for. i guess im going to either part this rear out or sell it. no asr is fine but id like to keep the abs since its a street driver.
I think if I were you I would just keep the tcs, it's not so bad. You can wire it so that it is off all the time, until you push the button.

If it were me I would take that 3 channel rear end (since it has good axles and 3.73's) put the reluctor rings on it from your 4 channel, put the sensors in the backing plates, and let it roll.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

is there a write up on how to transfer the reluctor rings from one to the other.

rear ends are pretty greek to me honestly, not something ive ever really messed with befor until now.

thx!
Old 07-09-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Although I have never tried pulling or pressing reluctor rings from axles. If you can get your hands on two 4 channel reluctor rings i would assume you could just heat them with a torch and place them around the register on the moser axles tap them on with a small hammer to coax them if necessary. Do the Moser axles have the same register as the stockers? If you cant get 2 reluctor rings I suppose you could use an aubor press to try and pull them off the old axles. I wouldnt know the result of doing this would be as I have never actualy tried it, but I'm sure someone with first hand experiance will soon chim in.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Resident

hmmmmmmm sounds like too much of a headache

probly just sell the rear and build mine up

thx guys for your help, saved me alot of headaches and $$$
Old 07-03-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by keliente
I am not really sure that you can delete traction control and keep ABS
I was actually just doing some searches and reading up on that here this afternoon because I am thinking of deleting mine. The ABS and TCS do work together, but the ABS is independent. You can pull the TCS out and replace the throttle cable with a normal one. If you want to get rid of the servo too you just get a normal cable for the cruise control as well. The ABS still works regardless.

Last edited by nighthawk15; 07-03-2008 at 08:34 PM.