Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

dana 60/ driveshaft problems! please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default dana 60/ driveshaft problems! please help

i finally swapped my 10 bolt with a dana 60 , had a couple of problems

1. the ride heart after the install was horrible anybody came across this? i still have stock springs and isolators

2. i had to send my driveshaft to be cutdown and rebalanced

3. the u joints on my driveshaft were a hair to wide??? when i had it cut and rebalanced i had the u joints replaced to match the yolk .

now the main problem. after all of this i installed the driveshaft back ,drove it and noticed a squeek almost like a rubbery squeek. i got under it and turned the wheels . sounds like its coming from the u joint in the rear?

is it possible this is just break in noise? it took a little tap to get the u joint in the space. the driveshaft place told me it does not need to be lubricated

anybodys help is much appreciated!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1nverted
i finally swapped my 10 bolt with a dana 60 , had a couple of problems

1. the ride heart after the install was horrible anybody came across this? i still have stock springs and isolators

2. i had to send my driveshaft to be cutdown and rebalanced

3. the u joints on my driveshaft were a hair to wide??? when i had it cut and rebalanced i had the u joints replaced to match the yolk .

now the main problem. after all of this i installed the driveshaft back ,drove it and noticed a squeek almost like a rubbery squeek. i got under it and turned the wheels . sounds like its coming from the u joint in the rear?

is it possible this is just break in noise? it took a little tap to get the u joint in the space. the driveshaft place told me it does not need to be lubricated

anybodys help is much appreciated!

The only problem that I had was the DS being to long, so I just took it locally and had a inch cut out of it...
Old 09-28-2007, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ttt for some help
Old 09-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew when i bought my s60 that my stock driveshaft would be too long. That's why when i ordered my rear from strange i also ordered a chrome moly driveshaft from them. I wanted to get rid of the stock one anyway do to the fact that it could twist an break.