Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Studs in carrie bearing holders?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Studs in carrie bearing holders?

Is there room or do they sell them for the carrier bearing holders, won't that help the rearend alittle.?

ohh I plan on going back to my 3.42 I did want the 3.73 but my driving is all freeway (50 miles daily) so I fig 3.42 isn't to bad on keeping the rpms alittle lower then the 3.73..
Summit sells 3.42 for $139. anybody used them?
thanks all.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes... they do help. Much more than some of the other bandaid concepts I have seen.

ARP makes a stud that is what you need... but, it would be eaiser to call them up and ask for them to make up a kit for you, as they dont exactly have a part number for your requirements. But, I have installed many many sets of ARP studs in various differentials.

Tom's Differential used to carry them, back when Tom was still over in Paramount... but he has since moved the business out of California. He is still in business and can be reached at tomsdifferential.com.

I used to live over off of Stewart and Gray and Old River School... and there was a bunch of little shops in the area... but, I dont know of many left. Is Team C is in business ??

Couldnt tell you about the Summit gears... I am pretty peticular when it comes to hard parts of that nature.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Team c is still in buss I live not to far from them.
how you like Vegas