Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Help W/ Cobra rear

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help W/ Cobra rear

My buddy has an 03 modded cobra. that is pretty modded. well anyways it has a solid axel in the rear instead of IRS. well about a month ago i was showing him how to drive it very well and launch it and ****. and i hit second so hard it bent the axels? well he took it to gear heads and they replaced the rear end with the same one im assuming.. well ever since this happened and ever since i hit second gear hard.his whole car shakes, and the shifter vibrates like a high performance *****.

Any help here. hes done with taking it to gearheads cus the rear ends he swapped it out for is all rusty and his old solid axel from ford was basically new so im not sure why they switched the whole rears. but they did say his upper and lower control arms were bent in the rear so im not sure if that has something to do with it or not. do u think it could be the axels again that are bent? or something with the carrier?

any help would be appreciated cus im sure i will be working on this all day tomrw.

i had also changed his cluthc about a month before this happend so maybe his driveshaft is out of balance?

thanks