Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

moser 9 install ? torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question moser 9 install ? torque arm

ok i have ordered a 9 moser can i use my stock torque arm or i need to buy a after market 1? if so who has the best deal on set up?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:50 PM
12 Second Club

I also just ordered a 9". I ordered a BMR adjustable from EPP to go with it, it seems the stock ones are weak and have a tendancy to bend. So i'd say if you can afford it do it.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

oh ok thankx i was trying to spend the money i had left on tuning and other stuff i just needed like 2 or 3 weeks get by time before i order a bmr or umi set up.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

Get a UMI, then you have to modify it. Some grinding to get it to work.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sdbrown84
thankx looking going try to order now thankx
Old 11-28-2007, 07:10 PM
11 Second Club

ok ordered umi thanks for input
Old 11-28-2007, 09:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

stock here on mine and pulling 1.5 60's all day on it. along with a few other cars around here including a 850+rwhp turbo car and no issues.
the stock fits perfect. the aftermarket ones will require work on the tunnel to fit nice.

umi is going in over the winter so i can try to get to low 1.4'-1.3's
Old 11-29-2007, 06:05 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have pictures on my website of stock torque arms that are bent, practically into two pieces. Keep an eye on yours, they start to bend about six inches ahead of the rearend. Bob
Old 12-16-2007, 04:35 PM
10 Second Club

thats why when you order the umi tunnel mounted torque arm it ask you what rearend you have to specify for a moser 9in
also pete ill sell you my umi adjustable lower contol arms off of my car i have a new set for mine the ones on my car only have less than 300 miles
Old 12-18-2007, 07:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It must depend on Moser's castings for the grinding because we have never had to grind a torque arm here at the shop to fit a Moser 9". I know Moser's tolerances get a little "sloppy" so that must be why. Anyway, glad to see it worked out!

Ryan
Old 12-18-2007, 09:16 AM
11 Second Club

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
It must depend on Moser's castings for the grinding because we have never had to grind a torque arm here at the shop to fit a Moser 9". I know Moser's tolerances get a little "sloppy" so that must be why. Anyway, glad to see it worked out!

Ryan
MAN I OREDEREDa torque arm & saftey loop from u guy before turkey day still have not received it?i called and gave my # no call back on shipping info
Old 12-19-2007, 09:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by lilicedout24
MAN I OREDEREDa torque arm & saftey loop from u guy before turkey day still have not received it?i called and gave my # no call back on shipping info

Excuse me sir. But I do show that you called in 5 DAYS after our Thanksgiving sale ENDED of 15% off and my sales staff was kind enough to STILL offer you the 15% off which equaled a $63.00 savings. We did not do this for anyone else. I also have a e-mail from a vendor that you were also trying to receive the sale price from them 5 days after the sale ended and they would not give it to you. We decided to be nice and help you out but it appears you did not appreciate it.

Your order shipped and a tracking # was e-mailed.

Ryan
Old 12-19-2007, 04:30 PM
11 Second Club

the extra 15% off was worth the wait for me...
Old 12-20-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

I have a Moser 9 in and I use the Spohn torque arm, works great.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:03 PM
11 Second Club

Angry

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Excuse me sir. But I do show that you called in 5 DAYS after our Thanksgiving sale ENDED of 15% off and my sales staff was kind enough to STILL offer you the 15% off which equaled a $63.00 savings. We did not do this for anyone else. I also have a e-mail from a vendor that you were also trying to receive the sale price from them 5 days after the sale ended and they would not give it to you. We decided to be nice and help you out but it appears you did not appreciate it.

Your order shipped and a tracking # was e-mailed.

Ryan
do u know how many calls i put in. and yes its was a few days after leaving messages with people and no returned calls. Yes i thank who ever allowed me to get discount after all the trouble. i was trying to make a race i had set up so i guessed at 10 days to the worst for shipping and i still would have had time to do my install. my point being( if everything was on back order out of stock or what the **** ever a simple call or email to give me a heads up!and let me decide to wait or buy else where! no i didnt make my race i gave up a few bucks on a no show! how bout if i made u wait on ya money would u like that NO!
Old 12-20-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

Good point!!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

do u know how many calls i put in. and yes its was a few days after leaving messages with people and no returned calls. Yes i thank who ever allowed me to get discount after all the trouble. i was trying to make a race i had set up so i guessed at 10 days to the worst for shipping and i still would have had time to do my install. my point being( if everything was on back order out of stock or what the **** ever a simple call or email to give me a heads up!and let me decide to wait or buy else where! no i didnt make my race i gave up a few bucks on a no show! how bout if i made u wait on ya money would u like that NO!
most of umi products are built to order. i wait as well on products and im the only dealer in louisiana for umi products. when they run big sales they tend to get backed up on orders. which is understandable for a well made hand crafted product. pete you know if you need umi prooduccts you know who to call. but umi is not like bmr where most stuff is shitting on peoples shelfs. and even with bmr i ve seen people wait just as long if not longer.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Restricted User

This is a little old but... Sometime's you have to wait it out for the better stuff. We only use UMI for our customers cars unless someone brings something in. Ryan can get back logged somtimes - his company has gotten rather large in the last couple of years.

I will say as well though - never had to do any grinding of any sort to get the torque arm on. I have seen some not so nice stuff from moser too. It sucks when you get a leaky axle seal
Old 01-03-2008, 02:05 PM
FormerVendor

I have no calls or messages or e-mails of you trying to place a order during our sale. You told us when you called in that you had been calling for days with no answers, funny thing is you told a vendor of ours the same story about not being able to get a hold of them and that you had been trying days. Doesn't it seem weird you couldn't get a hold of us or them in five days during the sale but no one else had any trouble? And we have a website with 24 hour ordering. Looks to me someone was telling a fib just to receive the discount

... and we were nice enough to still offer it.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

got my UMI installed in no time very easy no issues. probbly just clearence the body a touch if it doesnt self clearence when it goes back on the road