Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

ford 9 inch

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ford 9 inch

I recently got my hands on a ford 9 inch rear end and I wanted to convert it and put it in my 01 trans am. i really dont know much bout what all goes into it. can someone please shed some light in what i need. I plan to put some 3.73 gears. my car is an automatic without traction control
thanks
Old 01-29-2008, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

Is the rearend & suspension brackets setup or an f-body/what did the rearend come off of?
Old 01-29-2008, 08:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude your in for alot of work making one that isn't already adapted to a f-body fit. It's not even worth the hassle. Just keep the center section & buy a Moser Housing/Axle package & be done with it.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:45 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

If the rear is not designed for an f body, your best bet is to buy a Moser housing and axle package for $1050.00 shipped. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1116 You would then use the center section from the 9 inch rear that you currently have. You won't have your ABS working, but that is not a problem for most people. If you do need to keep your ABS, Moser now offers complete 9 inch rears with the ABS option.
You can find them here. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=145

To use your housing and to try to modify it to make it work on an F Body, if it was not designed for our cars, is expensive and a real hassle. Bob
Old 01-29-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Dude your in for alot of work making one that isn't already adapted to a f-body fit. It's not even worth the hassle. Just keep the center section & buy a Moser Housing/Axle package & be done with it.
Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
If the rear is not designed for an f body, your best bet is to buy a Moser housing and axle package for $1050.00 shipped. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1116 You would then use the center section from the 9 inch rear that you currently have. You won't have your ABS working, but that is not a problem for most people. If you do need to keep your ABS, Moser now offers complete 9 inch rears with the ABS option.
You can find them here. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=145

To use your housing and to try to modify it to make it work on an F Body, if it was not designed for our cars, is expensive and a real hassle. Bob
I agree listen to these guys
Old 01-29-2008, 10:14 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by snkeater
I recently got my hands on a ford 9 inch rear end and I wanted to convert it and put it in my 01 trans am. i really dont know much bout what all goes into it. can someone please shed some light in what i need. I plan to put some 3.73 gears. my car is an automatic without traction control
thanks
Don't waste your time. Too much trouble and work to modify one. Buy the housing and axle package and save yourself the headache. Units start at $975.00 for the F Body on our website. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions. Free shipping included.

Link:www.jawsgear.com/Fbody

Jeff
Old 01-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by One Bad Z
Is the rearend & suspension brackets setup or an f-body/what did the rearend come off of?
no. the rearend came off a van. thanks guys for the imput.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:38 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by snkeater
no. the rearend came off a van. thanks guys for the imput.
Yes, you would be better off using the center section with the Moser housing/axle package. Bob

Quick Reply: ford 9 inch