Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

3 Channel to 4 Channel

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default 3 Channel to 4 Channel

I've looked thru the stickies and searched some and I'm just looking to make sure I processed the info properly. I broke the 3 channel 10 bolt last weekend at the track and "borrowed" the 4 channel moser 12 bolt off my Camaro. Other than the ABS light being on and the ABS not functioning does it throw off any other codes that would prevent the car from function properly? I don't want to modify the 12 bolt because eventually it may find it's way back in to my Camaro if I ever getting it running again.

Should I just zip tie out the way the one abs sensor that used to plug in at the top of the 3 channel rearend pumpkin or do I need to add some length to it and plug it into at least one of the sensors on the 4 channel rear? Also my ABS light and I think it's the Brake INOP light have always been on since I got the car and was told it was due to a gear change or something so the lights being on aren't a problem since I covered them up a while ago.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:29 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It won't affect anything else, and it won't do you any good to add on to the one sensor to put into one side. Bob
Old 02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Bob I appreciate your reply.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sure it would be possible with a conversion box to alter the input/output values. The ring on the 4ch is different from a 3ch if you have ever seen one. The 3ch is far denser then a 4ch ring.